Star Trek

2009 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/News. Reviews, Trailers lets talk about everything in the film & TV world.

Star Trek (2009)

Postby wansbrough » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Finally got round to seeing this after missing it on the big screen. Overall I think they made a pretty good job of it. I was very impressed at new portrayal of the old characters and how well they captured the feel of the original series (for those old enough to remember ;-) ). Even remembering Captain Pike as the first captain. (again, for those old enough to remember ;-) )
The story held up well too, even the good lady who knows little about Star Trek enjoyed it.
Hopefully they will take this further and do another. From an old Trekie I'd give it 9 out of 10. (But that's just my take on it)
I am sure others will disagree though.

( When I was younger, I thought "Boldlygo" was a planet they were trying to find!!!!!)
Life is like a toilet-paper roll, It starts spinning a lot faster towards the end of the roll..
wansbrough
The Godfather
Topics: 128

Re: Star Trek (2009)

Postby Blknight3 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:15 am

I agree with the comments above. As an original "trekkie" I htink they did a more than reasonable job on this one. I wasn't crazy about the alternate timeline where Vulcan was destroyed, but it was a good watch. I hope thay make another , and bellieve they will.

Actually jucst checked on IMDB and they have a sequel listed .. tentative relase date Sept 9 2011

Score : A
Blknight3
Wayfarer
Topics: 11

Re: Star Trek (2009)

Postby VincentLupo » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:25 pm

I think I must have seen a different film then everyone else. I really wasn't expecting much and I wasn't disappointed. It's a good movie if you can forget everything you know about Star Trek. The Star Trek series (all of them except Enterprise) have a very personal quality about them. They are character driven not just action pieces. There life comes from the interactions of characters. We can identify with them, see there points of view. This newest movie captures none of that. It is just an action flick with some recognizable character names and locations. It is called Star Trek not because it is but because they can make money off a name that is recognizable.

As an action movie I rate it a 9 of 10

As a Star Trek movie I rate it a 1 of 10
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Return to Movie Emporium