Valkyrie

News. Reviews, Trailers lets talk about everything in the film & TV world.

Valkyrie

Postby dirk8837 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:34 pm

In Nazi Germany during World War II, as the tide turned in favor of The Allies, a cadre of senior German officers and politicians desperately plot to topple the Nazi regime before the nation is crushed in a near-inevitable defeat. To this end, Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, an Army officer convinced he must save Germany from Hitler, is recruited to mastermind a real plan. To do so, he arranges for the internal emergency measure, Operation: Valkyrie, to be changed to enable his fellows to seize control of Berlin after the assassination of the Fuhrer. However, even as the plan is put into action, a combination of bad luck and human failings conspire on their own to create a tragedy that would prolong the greater one gripping Europe.

I know this didnt get good reviews but i quite enjoyed this, i think mainly due to the story of it as some of the acting is a bit questionable. Its based on a true story of an assassination plot to kill hitler close to the end of the second world war, i think they pulled it off quite well tbh so i give it

7 out of 10
dirk8837
The Big Kahuna
Topics: 123

Re: Valkyrie

Postby GRINCH » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:17 pm

I thought it was a good movie, Tom Cruise did an excellent role.

Some explosions, evil planning, planes etc...

I also give it a 7 out of 10.
GRINCH
Explorer
Topics: 77
CoverArt: 375

Re: Valkyrie

Postby wansbrough » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:10 am

In agreement with you both, once you forget the accents aren't what they should be and get involved with the plot its a good flic.
We were playing spot the actor all the way through too. I didn't spot Eddie Izzard to start with :Dum :Dum
I too give it a 7 out of 10.
Life is like a toilet-paper roll, It starts spinning a lot faster towards the end of the roll..
wansbrough
The Godfather
Topics: 128

Return to Movie Emporium