The Americans (2013-2018) TV Series

TV Series – To Be Cancelled in 2018News. Reviews, Trailers lets talk about everything in the film & TV world.

Postby chouette » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:58 am

I always meant to watch this series because it looked interesting, but never did. I might wait until it ends because they already know when this will happen way in advance and will be able to end it well (hopefully). Although, from now until 2018, I might still be watching “Justified” or something else… lol

FX renewed drama series "The Americans" for a 13-episode Season 5 and a 10-episode Season 6, and announced that the series will end after Season 6. The show survived thanks to the dedication of its fandom and its critical acclaim. In a press release, executive Producers Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields stated, "It's hard to believe we're heading into the final stretch and we’re so grateful to know we’ll be telling the story to its conclusion."

A pair of deep-cover Soviet spies masquerades as a typical DC couple whose children, neighbors, coworkers & friends are completely unaware of their activities. At home, they're the stereotypical parents of stereotypical kids; at work, they pose as travel agents; but at night, they weave a web of confidants, lovers, dupes, and historical figures from the Reagan-era Cold War. The startlingly realistic plot twists force the viewer to consider the real cost of an undeclared war, what it takes to protect one's beliefs, if it's worth it, and if it actually worked for either side.

Genre – Crime, Drama, Mystery
Starring – Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich
Created by Joseph Weisberg
Network – FX

Covers in the Gallery for this title:

The_Americans.jpg
The_Americans.jpg (41.67 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
chouette
Buccaneer
Topics: 166
CoverArt: 11
Resources: 5

The following user would like to thank chouette for this post
Fogdude

Re: The Americans (2013-2018) TV Series

Postby Fogdude » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 am

My wife & I watched season 1. I liked it, but when I asked her if she wanted to go on to season 2, she said she didn't really like it, though she usually likes Keri Russell. Nothing specific, she just didn't like it. So, my experience with it ended at season 1. If we ever run out of series she likes, it may get another shot, especially now that we know it's ending.
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam
Topics: 23
Resources: 57
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the guy under the desk, looking up...

Postby Pip » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Fogdude wrote:My wife & I watched season 1. I liked it, but when I asked her if she wanted to go on to season 2, she said she didn't really like it, though she usually likes Keri Russell. Nothing specific, she just didn't like it. So, my experience with it ended at season 1. If we ever run out of series she likes, it may get another shot, especially now that we know it's ending.

Get another TV! :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL
Sad Lexa Doig Fan and PROUD of it!

If you like my covers, please leave a comment.

Awards Showing Recent Awards for PipView Showcase

Pip
Administrator
Awards: 2
Topics: 583
CoverArt: 561
Resources: 681

Postby Fogdude » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:25 pm

We watch everything in bed at night, Pip. I have a 60" on the hiboy across the room from the foot of the bed. No room for another in viewing range.
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam
Topics: 23
Resources: 57
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the guy under the desk, looking up...

Postby VincentLupo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:43 am

I've watched a couple episodes of this but was not really impressed so gave up. :)
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Return to Movie Emporium