Star Trek

News. Reviews, Trailers lets talk about everything in the film & TV world.

Star Trek

Postby Pip » Thu May 19, 2016 9:41 am

star_trek_tell_900.jpg
star_trek_tell_900.jpg (44.93 KiB) Viewed 1210 times

Star Trek is heading back to the small screen in 2017, it’s been confirmed by CBS Television Studios.

The classic sci-fi series first aired in 1966 starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy as Captain Kirk and Science Officer Spock and a decade later spawned a series of big screen films starring the pair and fellow original cast mates DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols and George Takei which ran until 1991.

September 1987 saw the arrival of a new USS Enterprise crew headed by Patrick Steward and Jonathan Frakes in Star Trek: The Next Generation who went on to replace Shatner and Co on the big screen in 1994’s Star Trek: Generations.

The show’s success spawned two spin-offs, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise which featured all-new casts.

In 2009 the younger adventures of Kirk and co were explored in J. J. Abrams’ big screen reboot entitled simply Star Trek which moved the action to an alternate reality, thereby allowing the writers freedom to develop plots and characters without trampling over established continuity.

The film was followed by Star Trek Into Darkness in 2013 and a further sequel Star Trek Beyond is due for release next year to tie-in with Star Trek’s 50th anniversary.

The next chapter of the Star Trek franchise will be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access and “distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.”

Alex Kurtzman, who co-wrote and produced the 2009 and 2013 films, will serve as executive producer for the new TV series.

“There is no better time to give Star Trek fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios.
Sad Lexa Doig Fan and PROUD of it!

If you like my covers, please leave a comment.

Awards Showing Recent Awards for PipView Showcase

Pip
Administrator
Awards: 2
Topics: 583
CoverArt: 561
Resources: 681

The following user would like to thank Pip for this post
chouette, ctaulbee

Re: Star Trek

Postby chouette » Fri May 20, 2016 1:44 am

OMG sweet!!! Doing the happy dance!!! :LOL :LOL :LOL
chouette
Buccaneer
Topics: 166
CoverArt: 11
Resources: 5

Postby ctaulbee » Fri May 20, 2016 2:00 am

I'll admit I'm intrigued by this but I'm not convinced just yet that it will be great, I'll probably give it a look though just because it's Star Trek .

:LOL

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Postby VincentLupo » Sat May 21, 2016 12:25 am

Hey, you left out the best series. Deep Space Nine. I'm totally on board for a new series. Not sold on this CBS All Access though.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Return to Movie Emporium