Corey Hawkins Cast as The Lead in Reboot of 24

Chat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

Corey Hawkins Cast as The Lead in Reboot of 24

Postby bankska22 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:18 am

1.jpg
1.jpg (224.95 KiB) Viewed 1452 times

As soon as I walked out of Straight Outta Compton, I hoped that the three lead actors — O'Shea Jackson Jr, Jason Mitchell, and Corey Hawkins — would get more work, and fast. They were electric in that movie, charismatic, fun, and commanding. Since then, both Mitchell and Hawkins have joined the cast of Kong: Skull Island, and Hawkins has also joined the cast of The Walking Dead. Now Hawkins, who played Dr. Dre in the rap biopic, has added another juicy role to his resume: he'll be the new leading man of the rebooted, Jack Bauer-less 24.

A week ago, I wrote about Fox's upcoming reboot of the action/adventure/spy series called 24: Legacy, and how they were looking to cast a person of color in the lead role now that Kiefer Sutherland won't be coming back as CTU agent Jack Bauer. Now The Wrap reports that Hawkins has been cast as Eric Carter, a "strong and smart" character with a rough background who "turned his life around in the Army Rangers." He lives in Virginia with his wife Nicole, but he's "pulled back into action as his past comes looking for him." Carter asks CTU for help to save his life and stop one of the biggest terrorist attacks on American soil.

A female lead, who hasn't been cast yet, will be announced in the future. I'm torn about this: I really like Hawkins as an actor and I want to support him, but I don't know if I can put up with any more 24. Over the years, that show just got worse and worse, and I checked out of 24: Live Another Day after the third or fourth episode because it was so mediocre I couldn't justify spending time watching it. What do you think? Are you going to tune in to watch the new 24?
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1042
Resources: 71

The following user would like to thank bankska22 for this post
BajeeZa, ctaulbee

Re: Corey Hawkins Cast as The Lead in Reboot of 24

Postby Pip » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 am

Didn't do anything for me last time around so I think I'll give this a miss. :Unpleased
Sad Lexa Doig Fan and PROUD of it!

If you like my covers, please leave a comment.

Awards Showing Recent Awards for PipView Showcase

Pip
Administrator
Awards: 2
Topics: 583
CoverArt: 561
Resources: 681

Postby ctaulbee » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:02 pm

Failure waiting to happen no matter who is cast as the lead, even Kiefer Sutherland could not make this a success, they ended the show for a reason.

Beating a dead horse comes to mind on this one...

:)

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Postby bankska22 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:51 am

Pass most likely :)
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1042
Resources: 71

Postby VincentLupo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 am

I never finished the first rendition of 24 so not looking forward to another.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Return to The Lounge