Converting photoshop brushes to psp brushes

Got a question or something to share, then post it here and lets talk about it.

Converting photoshop brushes to psp brushes

Postby dirk8837 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Here's a little tutorial I found which may help you convert some brushes, i know sometimes you can just get away with changing the file extention.

Convert a Photoshop to a Paint Shop Pro Brush

We all want to do it. Admit it. There aren't any good PSP brushes out there, while photoshop has them all. Now, you can take PS brushes and convert them to PSP brushes! W00T!

First, download a program called ABR Viewer. What this does is take photoshop brushes and opens them so you can view them. You can then convert them to .png images. ABR Viewer can be found here You will have to have NET framework 2.0 installed
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Install the program and open it. Then download some photoshop brushes, my favorite brush sites are photo-shop-brush.com and psbrushes.net. Unzip the folder and, in ABR viewer, go to file » open brush set. Select your PS brush and you get something like this:
image1hs6.jpg
image1hs6.jpg (23.27 KiB) Viewed 725 times

Now go to Export » Thumbnails. Select your destination. I always save them on the folder I downloaded (the one with the PS brush in it). Once its finished saving, the folder will open up. Select all the images you want as brushes and drag them into Paint shop pro. Now, on the first image, go to file » export » custom brush. Type in your name and and click OK. close that image and most to the next one, and do the same thing, but you shouldn't have to re-type the name, its already there. just rename it (i add a different number at the end of each) and click OK. See the following image to see what I mean.
image2ag9.jpg
image2ag9.jpg (56.68 KiB) Viewed 725 times

Have also put it in a word document for you to download if you wish.
Attachments
Convert a Photoshop to a Paint Shop Pro brush.rar
(69.89 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
dirk8837
The Big Kahuna
Topics: 123

Return to Design Discussions