Bates Motel (2013- )

TV SeriesNews. Reviews, Trailers lets talk about everything in the film & TV world.

Bates Motel (2013- )

Postby chouette » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 am

I’m surprised I’ve never posted anything yet on this amazing series! It’s definitely on my very top list at the moment, and it’s there because it has the perfect cast! To me, that means a lot because casting can make or break a series. Season 4 ended in May, and Season 5 will unfortunately be the last next year.

Bates Motel (2013- ) TV Series

Bates Motel is an American TV series developed by Carlton Cuse, Kerry Ehrin, and Anthony Cipriano. It is produced by Universal Television for the cable network A&E. The series, a contemporary prequel to Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film Psycho (based on Robert Bloch's novel of the same name), depicts the lives of Norman Bates and his mother Norma prior to the events portrayed in the film, albeit in a different fictional town (White Pine Bay, Oregon, as opposed to the film's Fairvale, California) and in a modern setting.

The series begins in Arizona with the death of Norma's husband, after which Norma purchases a motel located in a coastal Oregon town so she and Norman can start a new life. Subsequent seasons follow Norman as his mental illness becomes dangerous, and Norma as she struggles to protect her son from himself. Bates Motel's storylines differ from the film prequel Psycho IV: The Beginning. The series is filmed outside of Vancouver in Aldergrove, British Columbia, along with other locations within the Fraser Valley of British Columbia.

A&E chose to skip a pilot of the series, opting to go straight-to-series by ordering a 10-episode first season. It premiered on March 18, 2013. On June 15, 2015, the series was renewed for a fourth and fifth season, making Bates Motel A&E's longest-running original scripted drama series in the channel's history. Executive producer Carlton Cuse confirmed the fifth season would be the show's last, and adapt the events of Psycho. The series' lead actors, Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore, have received particular praise for their performances in the series, with the former receiving a Primetime Emmy Award nomination.

Series synopsis ~

Norma Bates loves her son, Norman, more than anything in the world. After her husband dies unexpectedly, Norma and teenage Norman find a new home. This new town is a chance for Norman to start over with new friends, without the specter of his dead father haunting his mind. The property is actually a motel and house situated on a busy, main road. Norma sees this opportunity as destiny as she starts a new business. Norman starts at the local school, and the two seem happy about the change. The new town is not all it appears to be, however. Corrupt policemen and drug deals abound, making business difficult for Norma's new motel. With Norman acting up more than ever, it is up to Norma to keep the peace with her teenage son while cultivating her business.

Genre – Drama, Thriller, Mystery
Starring – Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Olivia Cooke, Nestor Carbonell
Created by Anthony Cipriano, Carlton Cuse, Kerry Ehrin
Network – A&E Television

Covers in the Gallery for this title:

Bates Motel Series.png
Bates Motel Series.png (385.56 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
chouette
Buccaneer
Topics: 166
CoverArt: 11
Resources: 5

The following user would like to thank chouette for this post
bankska22, ctaulbee, Fogdude

Re: Bates Motel (2013- )

Postby VincentLupo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:50 am

Had this one on my list since it first started. Maybe I'll get started watching it sometime next year. :)
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Postby Fogdude » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:55 am

I guess I'll have to reconsider this one. Probably do a marathon after next year's closing season.
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam
Topics: 23
Resources: 57
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the guy under the desk, looking up...

Postby bankska22 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:44 am

Will pass on this one. ;)
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

Return to Movie Emporium