Prison Break: Sequel (2017)

TV Mini-SeriesNews. Reviews, Trailers lets talk about everything in the film & TV world.

Prison Break: Sequel (2017)

Postby chouette » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Now this is the one that I'm so ecstatic about! I’m very happy Michael Scofield resurrected, but at the same time, I’m anxious to see how they will explain this one... :MuHa

Prison Break: Sequel (2017) TV Mini-Series

Prison Break is an upcoming limited event television series and continuation of the original series created by Paul Scheuring that aired on Fox from 2005 to 2009. The series is produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association with Adelstein/Parouse Productions and Original Film. Paul Scheuring serves as showrunner, with himself, Marty Adelstein, Neal H. Moritz and Dawn Olmstead, Vaun Wilmott, Michael Horowitz and Nelson McCormick serving as executive producers. McCormick also serves as director. The series is scheduled to premiere in spring 2017 and air Tuesdays at 9:00 pm.

Fox Television Group chairmen and CEO Dana Walden herself stated the series of Prison Break has performed particularly well internationally and on SVOD platforms such as Netflix. Walden added that a logical and believable explanation will be given of how the characters are alive and still moving around the world. "The brothers and some of the iconic characters will be back, and it will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series for a new audience.”

Wentworth Miller stars as Michael Scofield and Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows, while Amaury Nolasco, Paul Adelstein, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar and Sarah Wayne Callies also return from the original series. New cast additions include Mark Feuerstein, Marina Benedict, Augustus Prew, Rick Yune and Steve Mouzakis. A pilot was ordered in August 2015 and the series was greenlit in January 2016. Production on the series began in April 2016 and is still ongoing. Filming takes place in Vancouver and the Moroccan cities of Rabat, Casablanca, and Ouarzazate.

Series synopsis ~

Seven years later, thanks to an information provided by T-Bag, Lincoln and Sara discover that Michael is still alive in a Yemen prison, so they develop a plan to get him out.

Genre – Action, Crime, Drama
Starring – Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Sarah Wayne Callies, Robert Knepper, Amaury Nolasco
Network – Fox

prison-break-2017-182750.jpg
prison-break-2017-182750.jpg (62.19 KiB) Viewed 12918 times
chouette
Buccaneer
Topics: 166
CoverArt: 11
Resources: 5

The following user would like to thank chouette for this post
BajeeZa, bankska22, ctaulbee

Re: Prison Break: Sequel (2017)

Postby ctaulbee » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:29 pm

I loved the original but I'm honestly not so impressed with the new trailers for this.

They shot the first part of the show in an actual old abandoned prison here in the states.

Then after the initial escape, subsequent places where they were incarcerated were all foreign prisons and the show went downhill each time imo.

This looks like more of that really, the last place in the final season looked a lot like the place they are shooting this new season in, that does not have the same appeal to American audiences as a prison setup they can relate to, one that looks like, what they expect a prison to look like, more or less like it did in the beginning of the show.

Sometimes these show producers seem very dense on things like that they think they can just do whatever and the audience will accept it due to the fan appeal of the actors and sadly such as in this case that is simply not true.

I think it will be a failure myself, see the cost to produce the more realistic prison setting was high, that was why they went to a less detailed setting, to save money on production costs, the result was a inferior series and viewers declined until it was cancelled.

They ended it because it had run it's course and had nowhere new to go, which was a smart move, now they seem intent on reviving it, I'm not so sure that will equal a success, time will tell.

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Postby chouette » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:00 pm

I tend to agree with you CT, but being optimistic (or trying to lol), I will still watch it and see. I'm really not a big fan when they resurrect a character for the sake of giving it a sequel, reason why I'm anxious to see how they will explain it. That probably alone will be if I continue to watch or not. I'm pretty sure it's a big issue with most fans out there. That's probably one of the reasons why "The Following" did not do well either. We'll see, to be continued...

:)
chouette
Buccaneer

Postby Fogdude » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Oh, sure! Just post spoilers, why not? For those of us poor saps just now working our way through the seasons, hearing that Scofield dies kinda ruins it, ya know? I just won't tell my wife. I'll pretend I knew it was coming all along.
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam
Topics: 23
Resources: 57
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the guy under the desk, looking up...

Postby VincentLupo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:27 pm

I don't see much hope from what I've seen and read so far but I'll still give it a shot.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Postby chouette » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:12 am

Fogdude wrote:Oh, sure! Just post spoilers, why not? For those of us poor saps just now working our way through the seasons, hearing that Scofield dies kinda ruins it, ya know? I just won't tell my wife. I'll pretend I knew it was coming all along.

Awww Fog, sowy, he might survive when you finish watching it, who knows... lol But kidding aside, I really thought it would not be a spoiler unless you read nothing, like nothing whatsoever on the older Prison Break series and how they will bring back Michael Scofield with this new mini-series. It's the big controversy about this new sequel, and how it will affect the outcome. Keep watching the older series, they are still great to watch and maybe since you have fresh eyes watching the end, you might see where the possibilities are that he might have survived... heck, I might just watch the last few episodes myself...

:)
chouette
Buccaneer

Postby Fogdude » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:33 am

I don't watch the movie news on things I'm currently watching, in general. But I was just needling you guys. I can handle it. :D
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam
Topics: 23
Resources: 57
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the guy under the desk, looking up...

Postby bankska22 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:36 am

Pass
bankska22
Buccaneer
Topics: 251
CoverArt: 1035
Resources: 71

Postby Pip » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:35 am

I never saw the first series and from what ct's said I don't think I'll bother. :MuHa
Sad Lexa Doig Fan and PROUD of it!

If you like my covers, please leave a comment.

Awards Showing Recent Awards for PipView Showcase

Pip
Administrator
Awards: 2
Topics: 583
CoverArt: 561
Resources: 681

Postby chouette » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:14 am

Have your thoughts changed about this sequel? It's about to start next week, April 4th! Woot, woot!

:ted20 :ted06
chouette
Buccaneer

Postby ctaulbee » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 am

Not me, I'll probably wait until 2-3 ep are out then see what it looks like form that sample and go from there lol.

ctaulbee
Webmaster

Postby VincentLupo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:49 pm

I'll watch once it gets to disc or Netflix but I still don't hold much hope for it.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Postby ctaulbee » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:03 am

OK, I gave in and watched the first episode already, without introducing any spoilers, let me just say this - you won't know anymore after you watch it than you do now if you have seen the trailers...

:?

ctaulbee
Webmaster

Return to Movie Emporium