Person of Interest (2011-2016)

TV Series – CancelledNews. Reviews, Trailers lets talk about everything in the film & TV world.

Postby chouette » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:52 pm

I might have watched up to the second season of this series. I probably stopped due to lack of time because I liked it.

CBS announced that the upcoming fifth season of its drama will be its last. The procedural/sci-fi hybrid began its life as a strong performer, but Nielsen ratings for Season 4 declined significantly.

Person of Interest is an American science fiction crime drama television series created by Jonathan Nolan that premiered on September 22, 2011, on CBS. It is produced by Nolan, alongsideJ.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, and Greg Plageman. It centers on John Reese (Jim Caviezel), a presumed-dead former CIA agent who is hired by a mysterious billionaire named Harold Finch (Michael Emerson), to prevent impending violent crimes predicted by the Machine, a mass-surveillance computer system that relays the identity of a single person predicted to be the crime victim or perpetrator. Their efforts to covertly infiltrate the lives of their targets and mete out their particular brand of justice attracts the attention of two NYPD officers: Jocelyn "Joss" Carter (Taraji P. Henson) and Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman), both of whom Reese uses to his advantage during his investigations. Reese and Finch are later aided by Samantha "Root" Groves (Amy Acker), a highly intelligent computer hacker and contract killer whom the Machine later designates as its "analog interface" with administrative access, and Sameen Shaw (Sarah Shahi), a former ISA assassin who dealt with the "relevant" (terrorism-related) targets unknowingly fed to her by the Machine.

The series was renewed for a 13-episode fifth season, which was later confirmed to be the final season. The season premiered on May 3, 2016, and its series finale will air on June 21, 2016.

Genre – Action, Drama, Mystery
Starring – Jim Caviezel, Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman
Created by Jonathan Nolan
Network – CBS

Covers in the gallery

Person_of_interest-013.jpg
Person_of_interest-013.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 5794 times
chouette
Buccaneer
Topics: 166
CoverArt: 11
Resources: 5

The following user would like to thank chouette for this post
ctaulbee

Re: Person of Interest (2011-2016)

Postby Fogdude » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Sounds like Minority Report with better science (but only a tiny bit better). I may have to give this a look when it ends. I hate trying to keep up on a weekly basis. I gang-watch all series whenever possible.
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam
Topics: 23
Resources: 57
Occupation: Retired IT guy. I was the guy under the desk, looking up...

Postby ctaulbee » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 pm

It was great the first 2-3 seasons, I loved it, then it went completely off the rails.

So be forewarned once it begins decent, it loses altitude fast...

:)

Awards Showing Recent Awards for ctaulbeeView Showcase

ctaulbee
Webmaster
Awards: 7
Topics: 291
CoverArt: 15
Resources: 484

Postby Fogdude » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up CT! I hate it when they do that. This saved me from starting a series I would never end & be disappointed in.

Much appreciated!

:love
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam

Postby ctaulbee » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Yeah it was great idea they had and for a while they kept moving it forward, was all good.

Then they took a sharp turn in a totally new direction, sadly one that they never came back form, then they just lost me.

I soldiered on for a while but once I realized that "was" the show "now", I just stopped tuning in for it.

I was so taken in by the first season I made a cover for it this was in 2011 so it's been a few years now, I'm not much on TV covers as as a rule, I have to really like the show or just "feel" like doing one, which is not too often lol.

I think that cover might have ended up being my very first tutorial on "making a cover" can't remember if I had ever shown a process before that, think those slides are still on photobucket, damn been years since I used them, so it's pretty old.

I could post it if you would care to see it, it 's not one of my best works but I did do a custom background for it which is what led to the tutorial as someone asked where I found the image I used on it and I was like I didn't, I made it lol.

Then I posted the step by step slides so they would know I was not just fooling around about it.

ctaulbee
Webmaster

Postby Fogdude » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:19 pm

I would never doubt your word on such a thing, but your tutorials & slides are always a welcome addition & always enlightening.

Sounds like so many series these days. The writers get stuck & just go off on a wild tangent. Most of the time, they return & sometimes even improve after such a break, but now & then, they just ruin themselves. Looks like that's what this one did. Glad you clued us in.
Fogdude
Yosemite Sam

Postby VincentLupo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:56 pm

I'd heard good things early on but then people quit talking. It's on my list but pretty far down.
VincentLupo
Panda Administrator
Topics: 115
CoverArt: 199

Postby chouette » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:28 am

Thanks for those posts CT, now I know not to bother because that might also be the reason I stopped. I know I've seen at least the first 2 seasons then never watched the rest. I'm like you guys though, I watch a show and continue when it's something I like or the idea is good, but if they even slightly go offtrack, that's enough for me to lose interest since I have other good shows that I want to watch.

I would love to see that cover CT! If it comes with a WIP, even better... ;)
chouette
Buccaneer

Postby bluesnow » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:43 pm

I don't know how you figure the show went off track or got off on a tangent. I have never missed an episode and in my mind the story just evolved into something way bigger than it started out as. I can't get enough of it, it's gripping, fast moving and full of new twists and turns in every episode. I am upset that it is being cancelled as it's the best series I have ever watched.
bluesnow
Uncovered Resident
Topics: 22
CoverArt: 370
Resources: 2

Postby ctaulbee » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:00 pm

bluesnow wrote:I don't know how you figure the show went off track or got off on a tangent. I have never missed an episode and in my mind the story just evolved into something way bigger than it started out as. I can't get enough of it, it's gripping, fast moving and full of new twists and turns in every episode. I am upset that it is being cancelled as it's the best series I have ever watched.

Seems pretty clear to me, surely you can relate the fact that you just said the same thing I just did, you just happen to be saying it a positive way, I said it in a negative way because I did not care for that shift in the story at all.

ctaulbee
Webmaster

Postby bluesnow » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am

I just watched the finale. It was a heart breaking ending. They left it open so we would know that only the TV show has ended, not the story. There is more to be told so I hope it gets resurrected by another network (that's the rumor). Those of you who didn't see it through have missed a good series.
bluesnow
Uncovered Resident
Topics: 22
CoverArt: 370
Resources: 2

Postby chouette » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:45 am

I hope it gets resurrected if you liked it that much Blue, thanks for the feedback! :)
chouette
Buccaneer

Return to Movie Emporium