Blade Runner

I love to see my custom covers usedChat area for all to enjoy a bit of friendly banter, share gossip or other chit-chat.

Blade Runner

Postby repopo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:37 pm

And who doesn't enjoy when sees the cover or label you've strived to create, is used by some strangers, who decide it's good enough for them to choose, instead of some official art?

I love that, for sure. And especially in cases like this, when someone has found an old item I prepared, back in '16. I commented back then to my local spanish board that I was surprised on how effective a very-well known promotional image resulted as a cover, just flipping it 90º. With some very minor changes, it worked for me as a poster. And after the research I made for sources to that cover (and a lifetime loving the art of this movie) I was quite certain it had never been used before (not like I did, but actually in its horizontal perspective, it was used as the cover for a bootleg CD of the soundtrack). It was one more proof of how advanced to its time the movie was, at least on its visuals.

So from this image:

I arrived to this cover

You can find it here, obviously.

And funnily, today I read the announcement for the Manta Lab november release, their exclusive steelbook #40

Indeed, I love when the covers I create are used by strangers :LOL

Awards Showing Recent Awards for repopoView Showcase

repopo
Uncovered Artist
Awards: 6
Topics: 3
CoverArt: 219

The following user would like to thank repopo for this post
ctaulbee

Re: Blade Runner

Postby VincentLupo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Pretty cool! :)